The University of Visayas Gullas College of Medicine is an ideal choice for students looking to study MBBS or MD. The UV Gullas College of Medicine is referred to as the best Philippines Medical College for offering top-quality medical education. The college is accredited by NMC, WHO, ECFMG, FAIMER, USMLE, etc., and from other major medical bodies across the world. The college follows the most advanced syllabus and has a high score record.
The college is on the top of the priority list for education from abroad. Every year, thousands of students around the globe come to the UV Gullas College of Medicine Philippines to pursue their goal of becoming well-established doctors. Situated in the Cebu City of the Philippines, the UV Gullas Medical College offers the best medical education to international students at an affordable tuition fee.
The Philippines Medical College has been performing outstanding amongst most other colleges in the country. Students who have graduated from the UV Gullas College of Medicine have a higher success rate in the USMLE exam in the US and FMGE exams in India. Students from India, especially south India come to the Philippines for higher studies. The facilities provided at the UV Gullas College of Medicine attract Indian students a lot. As the college already has an impressive number of Indian students. The college also provides Indian food and has a welcoming gesture for the Indian students.
Admissions are open for the year 2020-2021 in the UV Gullas College of Medicine. Every year the number of Indian students applying to the Gullas College of Medicine has been increasing significantly as the FMGE success rate is much higher than that of any other medical college approved by the National Medical Commission (NMC). The college has proved from time to time as the best medical college in the Philippines. UVGCM has become the top choice for Indian medical aspirants among NMC approved Philippines Medical colleges.
The latest information from National Medical Council confirms that students who graduated from the UV Gullas College of Medicine have scored the highest in the NMC screening tests. M.D. (Specialist of Medicine) graduates from the UV Gullas College of Medicine clear the NMC screening test with the highest pass percentage. The college takes high responsibility in administration and student welfare towards better healthcare.
UV Gullas Medical College provides elite clinical training by offering cutting-edge technology and posh lodging facilities. The hostel accommodation is available within campus premises for International students. CCTV surveillance is installed for safety purposes. The Office of the International Student Unit is available 24×7 for assistance and guidance to every individual student.
These facilities have attracted medical aspirants from countries like India, Thailand, Nigeria, South Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, Iran, Nepal, Japan, and the United States. Students enjoy and cherish their stay for studying MBBS in the Philippines from UV Gullas College of Medicine.
The University of Visayas was established in 1919 in the Cebu city of the Philippines by Dr. Don Vicente Gullas. Dr. Gullas was known for introducing innovation in education. He also introduced the system of study-now-pay-later schemes to help students. In 1948, the Visayan Institute was granted University status, the institute was the first to turn into a University in Cebu and later was renamed the University of the Visayas (UV). From a mere list of 37 students when it was established, the University has grown into a foundation with an expected enlistment of more than 20,000 students in all through its grounds. Throughout the long term of 100 years, the University has proudly delivered board test top scorers and recognized graduates who have been successful in their chosen fields.
The university has many colleges working under its affiliation. One such medical college is the UV Gullas College of Medicine.
The UV Gullas College of Medicine in the Philippines has attracted the most international students. Many International Education experts in various Philippines medical colleges prescribe UV Gullas College of Medicine to their companions and family members. As medical instruction offered in UV Gullas College of Medicine is best compared to any other medical institute in the Philippines.
The world ranking of UV Gullas College of Medicine impacted most Philippines medical colleges that tempted them to follow a similar pattern of education. The UV Gullas Medical college ranking remains in 3rd position among various medical colleges accepting International students.
UV Gullas Medical College – Campus
At present, the UV Gullas Medical College has grown into an eight-campus with a province-wide system of higher education and much lower-level laboratory institutes. There are two campuses in Cebu City, the main University campus is in the downtown Cebu City area and a laboratory high institute is established in the Pardo area. The main campus in Cebu City is a six-story building including a gymnasium, occupying almost one city block by the Colon, D. Jakosalem, and Sanciangko Streets. The College of Dentistry and Nursing is located at Banilad, in Mandaue City.
Highlights of UV Gullas Medical College
A good environment makes it easier to study. Top medical colleges in the Philippines offer medical guidance under research doctors and surgeons. Here are some additional benefits that come along with your studies in this country:
- High-Quality Education: Medical colleges in the Philippines offer the perfect mix of technology and knowledge. The classrooms are equipped with digital tools, laboratories have advanced instruments, and the college library having thousands of books is open for all.
- US-based syllabus: The US Medical syllabus concentrates more on hands-on experience in clinical training. The advanced syllabus is known to set the benchmark high. Thus, medical colleges in the Philippines offer the same standard of education at a comparatively lower cost.
- No Donations required: The Philippines medical colleges follow a No Donation rule. You do not have to spend a penny on donations like other countries. There has been a record of high donations in India, US, China and other countries for medical seats. Thus, this college saves your bank balance from draining.
- Affordable tuition fee: The Philippines is the most cost-friendly place to pursue medical education. Choosing higher education here gets you a higher ROI. Every year thousands of students land here to fulfill their dream of becoming a doctor.
- Ease of Communication: The Philippines is a country with somewhat American accents, so it becomes easier for international students. Almost 95% of the people in the Philippines speak good English. The subjects in institutes are conducted in the English language which is an added advantage for international students.
- Better learning Environment: The Philippines medical college has created a better way to maintain a great relationship with parents by keeping them updated with their wards’ education and well being. The college also enhances the learning environment by educating the students with the latest happenings in the field of medicine. The education system is defined such a way that students gain better practical exposure rather than only cramming theoretical knowledge.
- In-campus Hostel Facilities: The Philippines medical colleges offer secured in-campus separate hostels for boys and girls. The hostels have 24×7 CCTV surveillance for safety purposes. High-speed internet service is also available for students to have a comfortable stay.
- Favorable Climate: This place is blessed with scenic beauty. The Philippines has a tropical climate. This particularly favors Indian students to examine patients with vector-borne diseases similar to India.
- Golden Gateway to Developed countries: The Philippines follows US-based curricula, so students seeking a career in developed countries like the US, UK, Australia, Canada, etc. get higher chances of a post graduate seat for medicine in these countries. Cracking the USMLE exam becomes smooth for students choosing the US.
UV Gullas College of Medicine approvals and recognitions
Medical recognitions are required to be accredited by major medical associations. The accreditation and recognitions are the validity of the facilities available. It also signifies the kind of education provided. The UV Gullas College of Medicine Philippines has received approval and recognition from top medical associations worldwide. The medical degrees offered by UV Gullas College of Medicine are duly recognized by:
- World Health Organization
- National Medical Commission, India
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, (ECFMG), USA
- The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research, (FAIMER)
- International Medical Education Directory, (IMED)
- US Education Department
- Medical Council of Thailand
- Medical Council of California
- General Council of Medicine of Great Britain
- Medical Council of Canada
Infrastructural Advantages of the UV Gullas College of Medicine Philippines
The UV Gullas Medical College offers the best and world-class infrastructure to medical students. A better and comfortable environment facilitates the learning experience. The college leaves no stone unturned in providing students with the best facility available.
Let’s have a brief look at the advantages of studying at the UV Gullas College of Medicine:
The college provides air-conditioned digital classrooms. The specially designed classrooms help every student interact individually with the professor. The classrooms have smartboards and short-throw projectors for a better learning experience. It assists professors in teaching students with videos, PPT, and PDF to have a superior understanding.
|Course||FEES IN USD|
|BS Biology||9200 USD|
|1st year||4350 USD|
|2nd year||4000 USD|
|3rd year||4000 USD|
|4th year||4000 USD|