About B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan
On Jan 18, 1993, B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences was established. The institute is famous among the Indian students to pursue MBBS in Nepal. It is popularly known as BPKIHS, Nepal.
The MBBS program in BPKIHS has been recognized by the National Medical Commission, Nepal, and Sri lanka.
The language of instruction at BPKIHS is English for studying MBBS.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences consists of 19 faculties that train well-educated specialists for most sectors of the Nepal national economy.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – Quick Overview
Given below is the table for quick highlights about B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan:
|Intake for MBBS Course||September|
|Basic Eligibility||50% in PCB|
|NEET Exam||Yes required|
|Course Duration||5 years|
|Medium of Teaching||English Language|
|University Ranking||Country – 8|
World – 11953
|Recognition||NMC & WHO|
Why Study MBBS at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences?
Following are the benefits of studying at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences:
- B.P.Koirala Institute of Health Sciences is approved by the WHO and it is one of the listed colleges in the “World Directory of Medical School”.
- In Nepal-India cooperation, BPKIHS is one of the best colleges.
- This institute is recognized for the MBBS program in the year of 1994 by the Medical Councils of Nepal, India, and Sri-Lanka.
- The institute provides many facilities to its students such as hostels, library, auditorium, computer labs, cafeteria, laboratory, hospital, sports, etc.
- The culture of Nepal, food habits and language is familiar for Indian students and thus they do not need any major adjustments.
- Students are neither required to take any English language tests like IELTS or TOEFL etc., nor do they require to give any entrance test, however NEET is mandatory.
- B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences educates medical students dedicatedly and it offers modern medical science courses in various specialties including intensive treatments and practical knowledge of operating theatres.
B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences – MBBS Fee Structure
Following is the fee structure for B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences, Dharan for MBBS program:
|Particular||Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Tuition Fees (approx.)||24000 USD||16000 USD||15000 USD||9000 USD||6000 USD|
|Hostel (approx.)||280 USD||280 USD||280 USD||280 USD||280 USD|
|Total Fees in USD (approx.)||24280 USD||16280 USD||15280 USD||9280 USD||6280 USD|